Statistics on Autism
- 1 in every 88 children have some form of Autism.
- Autism afflicts between 1-1.5 million Americans.
- Autism is the Fastest-Growing Developmental Disorder in the Nation.
- 172% Increase in the 1990's, and we don't know why.
- 80 % of marriages end in divorce within 5 years of diagnosis.
To form a network of families touched by ASD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, for support, education, and to promote awareness and understanding by:
Raise awareness and promote understanding
- Hand out information at the Annual Families with ASD Autism Expo
- Promote public awareness
- Fundraising events for autism to help spread awareness and understanding
- Form the Parents of Adults with Autism Task Force and spread Adult Autism Awareness.
Organize and share resources
- Host the Annual Families with ASD Autism Expo
- Create a library of books, tapes, videos, etc.via the Autism Family Resource Center
- Create and distribute the Families with ASD Autism Yellow Pages
- Create and maintain the Web-site, and on-line support group
- Calendar of Events: On-line Calendar updated weekly for families to use
Help families touched by ASD
- Host and organize Family-friendly support group meetings, group outings, & parties
- Arrange for guest speakers to present information to families
- Help families connect and network with service providers that can advocate for their family
Facilitate change and continuous improvement in our schools
- Connect families with Educational advocates for IEP meetings
- Educate parents on Federal/State laws
© 2005 - 2012 Families with ASD, Inc.
Autism Yellow Pages, Autism Awareness Matters to Me design by Janis Hastings, and "I am an Adult with Autism"
are trademarks owned by Families with ASD. All rights reserved.